Life's Little Instructions #7
I'm on a role now, so here's some from 301-350.
301. Become an expert in time management.
303. Never go to bed with dirty dishes in the sink. (Literally or figuratively?)
304. Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.
308. Make the bed when you're an overnight visitor in someone's home.
309. Contribute 5% of your income to charity.
312. When tempted to criticize your parents, spouse, or children, bite your tongue.
313. Never underestimate the power of love.
314. Never underestimate the power of forgiveness.
315. Don't bore people with your problems. When someone asks how you feel- say "Terrific; never better." When they ask "How's business?", reply "Excellent and getting better every day."
316. Learn to disagree without being disagreeable. (Working on this- not having much luck, however.)
317. Be tactful. Never alienate anyone on purpose. (Working on this- slow going, however. I have a bad habit of putting my foot in my mouth without meaning to and not much idea how it got there.)
318. Hear both sides before judging.
320. Be courteous to everyone. (ESPECIALLY the ones you don't want to!)
323. When there's no time for a full workout, do pushups.
324. DOn't delay acting on a good idea. Chances are solmeone else has just thought of it too. Success comes to the one who acts first.
325. Be wary of people who tell you how honest they are. (Wish I'd known this before I met Dirty D!)
326. Remember that winners do what losers don't want to do.
327. When you arrive at your job in the morning, let the first thing you say brighten everyone's day.
328. Seek opportunity, not security. A boat in a harbor is safe, but in time, its bottom will rot out.
330. Rekindle old friendships. (I would, if I wasn't worried how much I've changed would scare them off.)
332. Live your life as an exclamation, not an explanation.
333. Instead of "if only", try substituting "next time".
334. Instead of using the word "problem", try substituting the word "opportunity".
335. Every so often, push your luck.
338. Live your life so that your epitaph could read "No regrets". (I'm working on it!)
339. Never walk out on a quarrel with your spouse.
346. Be bold and courageous. When you look back onb your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the things you did.
347. Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them.